Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raid Guidelines

Go down 
+3
Ame
Aenarion
shade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male
Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : Annoying Sweex, Music, WoW, Digital Art.
Humor : Pretty much everything goes
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadistica
Race: Undead Undead
Class: Priest Priest

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 am

Here are some basic guidelines i would expect all appearing for a Guild Raid to follow:

• All healers must carry 6 Mana Potions per boss , so for a Hyjal Raid i would expect around 20 Potions and for a Black Temple one atleast 30 ( Exceptions are obvious).
  • DPS are encouraged to carry a few mana potions with them incase the healers run low
  • The Raid Leader is your friend . Listen to him , his instructions to the letter. If you feel that your opinion on a certain issue is superior to his, please whisper him with your suggestion, and explain it to him logically. If you have a jackass for a Raid Leader deal with it.
  • There will be no drivel in a raid , especially prior to when a boss is being pulled and if the Raid Leader is setting instructions. If you have something to say to the Raid Leader whisper him and I'm sure he'll reply to simply refer to the last line of Point 2. If you have something to talk about to another member of the raid , please confine it to whispers
  • We're here to have fun but utter concentration is required during the raid
  • There will be absolutely no Ninja'ing. Will result in an instant guild kick.
  • If two members require the same item, Such as cloth Healing Boots, a clothie will always be given preference to perhaps a Paladin who is decked for healing.
  • If two members , roll on an item of equal relevance, there will be no bitching about how the other person didn't deserve the item and how you are destined to be the Ultimate DPS/HealBot/Tank.
  • Mains will always be given preference to Alternate characters. Irrespective of whether its an Initiate's Main and the Guild Leader's Alt. the Initiate will still recieve the respective loot
  • If a member requires an item more than another , irrespective of ranking in the guild , the one in a more dire need of the item will be given preference . Eg. If i require that last bracer which will make me the Uber DPS on the server , i will still give it to the guy who still wears T5 with parts of T3 ( Unless he has no issues with you taking the item, This must be done through dialogue and mutual consent , or will be tantamount to Ninja'ing)
  • A person who is alternately specced will defer loot to a person who is specced for that particular item ( Eg. As a holy priest I may want to roll on a shoulder that gives me Spell Dmg ( As i may have future ambitions of Speccing Shadow ), however I must submit to a Mage perhaps , who is like ever ,is using a far inferior Shoulder Item)
  • Any use of scrolls will certainly be appreciated , and must be pertinent the role you are donning. I see no point in a healer boasting a Agility potion or Scroll
  • All Tanks , must be dedicated and properly specced tanks. AND must be in tanking gear.
  • Paladins who take up healing , must carry a one handed weapon Reason : When you run out of mana ( Which really shouldn't happen because you are using Potions) , simply state that you are low on mana and use a seal of wisdom and go Melee the boss. DO NOT replace your seal with another for dealing damage. Your objective is to regain mana and get back to healing as soon as possible
  • Rogues, should perferably carry poisons to raids, every little bit counts and it isn't too great a strain on your pocket. Note : This is not compulsory but advisable. It shows dedication and garners respect.
  • DPS starts at 94% flat unless advised by the Tank or Raid Leader.
  • All members of the raid must reach the Raid location as soon as possible, which is essentially 5 minutes by which the raid is formed and good to go. It is advised that you obtain Flight Paths to all important Raid Instances.
Not having read this Guideline would not be tolerated as an alibi

Raid often and Raid hard and everybody will get their Phat Lewt.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aenarion

Aenarion

Male
Number of posts : 50

Character sheet
Character Name: Aenarion
Race: Blood Elves Blood Elves
Class: Paladin Paladin

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Way to preach the guidlines Shade Very Happy
might i Add
* TANKS should ALWAYS GEAR for tanking GEAR and be sure they are speccd for it
* Should always carry extra health potions just incase
* If the raid group is formed IMMEDIATELY go to expected location and make sure you are prepared and not preparing before going there
* for Rogues utilize poison Very Happy i dnt see much use poisons
* DPS starts at 94% flat
* Paladins who heal if run out of mana must switch with pally dpsing and use seal of wisdom to regain mana and the one dpsing must heal
* dont be afraid to get some scrolls of str agi and sort alike :Da
* soon if available rogues must at least have one weapon with Battlemaster ( i know it doesnt proc much but any of it would help Very Happy)

well i dnt want to be dictating or nething its just a few suggestions to make guild raiding smoother Very Happy and also fun

well thats something i think should be clear too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male

Character sheet

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:23 pm

Well, i suppose I'll be doing the preaching then.

Updated

PS There is no point in Battlemaster , because it simply heals for too little , considering how much even smaller bosses like Naj'entus hit for. I would prefer a Mongoose/Crusader combination
Back to top Go down
Ame
Matriarch
Matriarch
Ame

Female
Number of posts : 170
Job/hobbies : Student. Music and WoW
Humor : :P
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Amelyne
Race: Blood Elves Blood Elves
Class: Mage Mage

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:32 am

ZOMG!! tht is huge!!

Wonderfull guys, wonderfull xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xaritax8
beefy

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:02 am

I dont agree, Battlemaster rox. Its way better then any other enchant for raiding.

REPAIR FOR EVERY RAID;)

Listen to the tank

Install ktm threat meter http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/4204/

no wining about loot

dps at a set ammount of boss health is stupid.and morronish. Just listen at the tank. If he feels confident attack (80k threat if he is feeling hyper, and 150k if he is being lazy like i mostly was) Why? If you make the fight longer then neccesary the healers might run out of mana.

Whatever you do. Do it for the tank. He is the most important person in your raid. If he dies everyone dies.

Every buff you do, try to contribute it into these ranks: First think of the tank, then of the healers, then of the dps, Dps are the lowest in raid ranks. Simply because they are only there to Kill the boss faster Smile

dont steal aggro lol

A warrior tank or palli tank should have health potions

DONT BUBBLE A TANK, it can make him loose aggro. Only do it when the healers are outta mana, or he is in need or whatever. I hated being bubbled.

I dont aprove the rule about a 1 handed weapon either. If someone found a 2 handed weapon thats better for healing, why wont you let him?

Healers: Mana regeneration is the key. Use mana regen gems not +healing gems Smile Try to make a heal rotation. That means if yuo got 5 healers. Dont all start to heal when he is at 50%, 1 should heal him at 80%, 2 at 50, 1 non stop and 1 heal over time spam, something like that Smile

anyway i havent been in a raid that didnt went good, so keep up the good work guys and gals, u all rock
Back to top Go down
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male

Character sheet

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:52 am

Paladin Healing tips :

Spam Flash Of Light, Paladins have a very efficient heal...abuse it!
Use Holy Light sparingly , and if you do use it rarely make sure you hit divine favor whenever you can , It will return you a fair chunk of mana.

Rememeber, Holy Light is inefficient ...try downranking it to the immediate lower rank.. It heals for 200 less but eventually saves you some mana. with 2-3 paladin healers you can do any boss in ZA by just spamming a single button
Back to top Go down
Dellie

Dellie

Male
Number of posts : 204
Job/hobbies : school and WoW xP
Humor : what...?
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character sheet
Character Name: Zaragon
Race: Orcs Orcs
Class: Shaman Shaman

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:52 pm

this looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male

Character sheet

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Rogues have the option of Carrying Deadly Posion VII and VI, when placed on different hands, they can stack to almost 81 a tick ( 45+36 )

Also i've been working on a rogue rotation, goes like :

3 combo points ( 2 if you have Imp Slice and Dice) : Slice and Dice
5 Combo Points : Rupture

Its pretty neat if you ask me =D

Keeps me on top of the dps charts and second on aggro ( thats not a good thing btw ..i have to L2Feint )
Back to top Go down
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male

Character sheet

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:00 am

I'm also planning to make a MS warrior guide qwith Sweex's help...so look out for that!
Back to top Go down
Kascade
Class Leader
Class Leader
Kascade

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Kascade
Race: Tauren Tauren
Class: Warrior Warrior

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:28 am

Besides the threat meter mentioned above, does the guild require any other add-ons?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jordanmarx
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male

Character sheet

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:37 am

Hell no!

We just like having the Threat Meter up for obvious reasons, but everything else is upto you. Whatever makes Gameplay easier =D
Back to top Go down
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male

Character sheet

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:39 am

I'm now officialy completely bored of healing!

Its so easy on non scripted servers..

All out pvp here i comes!
Back to top Go down
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male

Character sheet

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:41 am

Battlemaster for raiding ?

I beg to differ good sir
Back to top Go down
Oreo.Xcd
High Warlord
High Warlord

Male
Number of posts : 71
Job/hobbies : Student/football,WoW
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Character sheet
Character Name: Xcd
Class: Mage Mage

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:44 am

i use Xperl it helps me heal better when we are raiding scripted bosses and every1 is taking dmg
Back to top Go down
http://www.gotfrag.com
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male

Character sheet

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:06 am

Hmm...Thats true, and xperl also has a really nice inbuilt feature which reminds you of the dispellable debuffs on many targets

Like Gorefiend's Incinerate can be cleansed/dispelled effortlessly and efficiently !!

No more yelling on Vent " I HAEVE INCEEENERITE CLEANSEE MEI!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raid Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid Guidelines   Raid Guidelines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raid Guidelines
Page 1 of 1