Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Furball
High Warlord
High Warlord
Furball

Male
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : WoW, DDR, Screwing over the Vent server
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Furball
Race: Tauren Tauren
Class: Druid Druid

Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Empty
PostSubject: Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09   Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:10 am

This is a guide about the whole loot system we use, the closed dkp bidding system. Scroll down for the subjects, and further down for more info about it.

Updates:
Version 0.1: Added the whole guide, will be expanding it to whatever is needed.

1.1 - What is DKP?
1.2 - How the rolls work
1.3 - The DKP website
1.4 - Rules
1.5 - Frequently Asked Questions

1.1 - What is DKP?
DKP stands for Dragon Kill Points. While this has no real refference to WoW, it's the standard "currency" most guilds use when in higher end raids, to distribute loot. This way is one of the most solid ways of a fair distribution, so that members that raid and spend time with us alot have more chance of getting the item they've been trying to get for ages, and members that just joined the same day have less chance of gaining it.

1.2 - How the rolls work
The rolls work very simply. The master looter will say an opening bid, and then people will be able to whisper him/her, and offer the amount of DKP that they want to offer for that particulair item. The person who bids highest gets the item.
Example:
Noth the Plaguebringer drops [Strong-Handed Ring]
Master looter says on /raid: [Strong-Handed Ring], mainspec opening bid starts at 20 DKP.

Player 1 and Player 2 both want the item. So they whisper the Master looter.
Player 1 whispers Master looter: 25 DKP.
Player 2 whispers Master looter: 20 DKP.

Player 1 wins in this example.

The type of rolling described above is called a closed bidding system. This way, we won't have people that keep outbidding eachother, and get mad at eachother. With this system we avoid conflicts like that.

You can only spend DKP that you got on raids before. You can't use DKP that you gain on that raid. This is because it's hard for us to keep track of DKP that is gained during raids. You are allowed to bid the opening bid if you haven't gained DKP yet. If you win that item, you will go in the minus, but this is not a problem.

1.3 - The DKP website
The DKP website is reachable at http://www.blazingfury.net/dkp/. Here we keep track of everyone's current DKP, what raids they been on, how active they are, and what items they won. We also use this place to sign up for future raids using the Raidplanner. Be sure to make an account here, and add your characters. The left side menu is used to browse around through various pages. The right side menu is for some fun stuff, and boss strategy links.

1.4 - Rules
Mainspec priority:
People that roll for their mainspec always go first. Also the same armor class first. After that, it's for offspec.

Example:
Patchwerk drops [Sash of Solitude] (cloth belt)
In the raid we have 1 Resto Druid, 1 Balance Druid, Holy Priest.
Master Looter announces the mainspec bid starts.
Holy Priest passes on the mainspec bid.
Master Looter announces the offspec bid starts.
Now, Resto Druid and Balance Druid are allowed to roll for the offspec bid.

1.5 - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Am I allowed to bid multiple times?A: No, you only get one chance to bid for each item.

Q: I have over xxxx amount of DKP, and I still aren't winning any items! Why is that?
A: Well, start bidding more for the items you want.

Q: What if people bid the same? Will there be a rebid?
A: No, the masterloot will do a /roll for the amount of people that bid the same, and give it to the winner.

Example:
Noth the Plaguebringer drops [Strong-Handed Ring]
Master looter says on /raid: [Strong-Handed Ring], mainspec opening bid starts at 20 DKP.

Player 1 and Player 2 both want the item. So they whisper the Master looter.
Player 1 whispers Master looter: 25 DKP.
Player 2 whispers Master looter: 25 DKP.

Master looter does /roll 1-2, and rolls 2.
Player 2 wins the item.

Q: I don't have any DKP! I won't be allowed to roll on anything on this run!
A: Wrong. You are allowed to bid the opening bid on each item you are allowed to roll on. Just whisper the Master looter the opening bid, and hope nobody else needs it.
Back to top Go down
Furball
High Warlord
High Warlord
Furball

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09   Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:11 am

Reserved.
Back to top Go down
Furball
High Warlord
High Warlord
Furball

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09   Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:12 am

Feel free to tell me anything I should add. Try to make everyone read this please.
Back to top Go down
Sevratio

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09   Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:15 am

You say you cant use the dkp of the current raid for items, but if i look at yesterdays raid group 2, i notice that some ppl won items by bidding more than the minimum bid while not having earned dkp yet. If i understand the rules right, then those ppl are only allowed to bid the minimum.

Other question:
Lets take for example that some1 has 100 dkp. He bids for the first 75, later on during the raid, another item drops that he fancy. Am i correct that he can only bid 25 max or more?

Thx
Back to top Go down
Furball
High Warlord
High Warlord
Furball

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09   Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:06 am

25 Max, and yeah, yesterday was a bit hectic, it was our first time we tested the system, and the flaws were noted.
Back to top Go down
Samud

Samud

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Samud
Race: Blood Elves Blood Elves
Class: Paladin Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09   Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:49 am

One question: if dkp system started yesterday how come some people already had dkps?

On a side note Sevratio's right, i was one of the 'offenders' in group2 I forgot such rule existed. For that I'm sorry, wasn't intended to break the rule.
Back to top Go down
Furball
High Warlord
High Warlord
Furball

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09   Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:16 am

Samud: We origanally wanted to start spending the DKP the same week, and to get everyone some starting DKP, DKP was given out. Now, after 2 weeks, this is the current state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09   Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loot system guide and rules v0.1 - Updated 15-05-09
Page 1 of 1