Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shade
Champion
Champion
shade

Male
Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : Annoying Sweex, Music, WoW, Digital Art.
Humor : Pretty much everything goes
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadistica
Race: Undead Undead
Class: Priest Priest

Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior Empty
PostSubject: Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior   Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:53 am

Ok..i honestly have no idea how i'm supposed to play warriors properly, but these are somethings im learning on the job, playing a 2 hander MS warrior =D

Right, Always start off in Battle Stance, Because it'll give you the opportunity to Charge , Hamstring ( And rend if fighting a rogue) ALWAYS KEEP HAMSTRING UP!!!!!

Never Hesitate to use Bloodrage, it just may give you that instant 10 rage you need to 2.5k MS that arse!!

You may or may not go for Improved Slam, but i found that when i Warstomp or Improved Hamstring procs, i can hit the guy for close to 1.3k a shot with a 0.5 second cast..seems fair if you have rage to dump =D ( Which is highly unlikely)

In beserker stance, Use Beserker Rage, and pop Deathwish if you're in the mood. Your rage/dmg efficiency will be amazing!!

Ok thats all i have for now, Maybe Sweexor will add some more =)
Back to top Go down
Karia
Champion
Champion

Male
Number of posts : 39
Job/hobbies : HTX-Student, WoW, Excel, Pc
Humor : Maybe a little :P
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Seb
Race: Orcs Orcs
Class: Warrior Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior   Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:54 pm

I'll post a little tanking guide for our new warrior tanks Smile

Goals you want to reach:

• around 500 defense (496 will do it, since it's here you'll be uncritable)
  • 102,4 avoidance (that'll make you unchrushable) - To test how much you have, use:
    Code:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*150/355 + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

If you dont have the 20 extra denfense from talents, edit (GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) 20)
  • around 25 - 33% dodge
  • around 20 - 25% parry
  • around 25 - 30% block
  • The healers might prefer you have 15k armor and 16k hp (you'll have around 20k armor and 17k hp when fully geared)

The tanking.

It's pretty easy to tank as a warrior, but not as easy as paladin and druid tho. You'll be using the following abilities while tanking with explaination:

• Last Stand
    This will give you 30% more hp for 20 seconds. You'll use this when you're going low on hp and you dont think the healers can make it before the next hit. Very useful, 8 min cooldown.
  • Shield Wall
    75% less dmg taken for 15 seconds. Life saver! This can save yours and the entire raids arse, if used correctly. You'll primaly use this if you're getting low on hp with Last Stand on cooldown, and the boss is crushing you alot. Use with causion since its 30 min cooldown.
  • Devastate
    Your primary attack. Spam it when your other offensive abilities are on cooldown. You dont have to use thunder armor when tanking one mob, because this will stack sunders as well.
  • Sunder Armor
    Used for multi tanking, since Devastate stacks it on single mobs.
  • Shield Block
    Use at every cooldown, 6 seconds cooldown! That will reduce the chance for getting crushed magnificantly (the healers loves it).
  • Revenge
    Use at every cooldown and when possible, 6 sec cooldown. It does around 500 dmg, crits for 1k and generates a large amount of treath. Free damage for low rage and more treath? Yes pl0x!
  • Shield Slam
    Again, use at every cooldown. Mine does 900 dmg atm and crits for 1,9k. Just like Revenge.. Low rage costs, good benefits. Just spam it.
  • Thunder Clap
    Use whenever you feel like it. Reduces the attackspeed of your opponent, so if you think the boss is hitting too fast, use it and remember to refresh it.
  • Commanding Shout
    Keep it up. Its 1k extra health and 1,3k extra health if you have 2 pieces of T6.
  • Demoralizing Shout
    Mobs are hittig too hard? Use it and reduce thier attack power by 300.

Fighting.
I use the following attack rotation:
Code:
Shield Block -> Revenge -> Shield Slam -> Devastate -> Devastate -> Repeat

and for a change:
Code:
Shield Block -> Revenge -> Shield Slam -> Thunder Clap -> Commanding Shout -> Demoralizing Shout -> Repeat

Macros.
Shield Wall
Code:
/y Shield Wall Popped! 15 seconds left.
/cast Shield Wall

Last Stand
Code:
/y Last Stand Popped! 20 seconds left.
/cast Last Stand

For the lazy one, the attack rotation:
Code:
/castsequence Shield Block, Revenge, Shield Slam, Devastate, Devastate

Ask if there's anything there's missing and I'll see if i can add it.
it's getting late atm.. I will get some more useful macros later.
Soo.. goodluck for our new tanks Very Happy

EDIT: Here's what you'd like your screen to look like, combat wise Razz
Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior Howtotank
(i know its lvl 60ish mobs, but its the same for me @ sunwelll trash)

Last edited by Karia on Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://blazingfury.forumotion.com/
Dellie

Dellie

Male
Number of posts : 204
Job/hobbies : school and WoW xP
Humor : what...?
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character sheet
Character Name: Zaragon
Class: Shaman Shaman

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior   Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:57 pm

i rly need this Razz
i have a prot warrior sumwhere on WoWWTF xD
Back to top Go down
Kascade
Class Leader
Class Leader
Kascade

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Kascade
Race: Tauren Tauren

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior   Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:40 am

Very nice ... but on WoWWTF ... the "uncritable" does not matter ... since with 545 defense (for example) you still get crit.

and i ran your test thing ... i have apparently 94.133 avoidance regularly ... 165.3 with shield block.

31.06% dodge
27.54% parry
23.82% block

but shield block boosts that block up to a 95% ... which is why i don't pay much attention to the block stat and would rather more HP or more Parry/dodge. >>19,461 Armor and 19,562 HP unbuffed.

As far as DPS warriors go ... the build that i want to test is half fury / half arms ... i'm still trying to get gear, but on my other undergeared warrior, it seems to do fine. its hard to make good builds on this server since a lot of talents/abilities don't work.

Not sure though if i want to take the build with a 2-hander, or duel wielding ... possibly both, but it wastes talents going into both off-hand spec. (whatever it is) and 2-hander spec. but sometimes its just good to mix it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jordanmarx
Karia
Champion
Champion

Male
Number of posts : 39
Job/hobbies : HTX-Student, WoW, Excel, Pc
Humor : Maybe a little :P
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Seb

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior   Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:16 pm

I'd say go for KJs 2h'er, get the sword spe. from arms and get enrage, flurry and imp slam from fury.. very nice dps spec if the talents work lol
Back to top Go down
https://blazingfury.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior   Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrior Tips - From a Noob warrior
Page 1 of 1